Thursday, August 7, 2008

20 week appointments

Well, we are halfway done!! The belly has been steadily growing, and it's starting to become more and more real that we will have a new little life in our family in just a few short months. I also began to feel the baby move recently. The first movement I felt was at about 17 weeks, and then they were few and far between. Now I can feel it just about every night before I go to bed or when I am resting through the day. I did feel the first real kick while we were on the plane to San Antonio on Friday but nothing that intense again...not yet at least!

We went to see the doctor this morning, and she said that everything is going great!! More exciting, though, we went for our big 20 week ultrasound. No! We did not cave so the gender remains a mystery. It should make for an interesting pool at the shower so everyone place your bets. The radiologist said that the baby is measuring exactly where it should...right at 20 weeks and 4 days. The tech gave us loads of pictures including the 4-d ones. The baby was a bit uncooperative for the doctor and wouldn't turn for her to get the shots she needed. Only the beginning of following its own drummer I'm sure!

No comments: