Laura had a great idea for a wine gift! Each bottle was chosen to signify an important milestone in their marriage (i.e. "Bighouse" was for their first fight). Super cute and oh so practical!
The Doyle (and soon to be Doyle) ladies!
Cait was such a good sport letting us dress her up to walk around Old City Philly for the night. We played a rousing game of pub golf, but I'm pretty sure everyone lost track of score before the end of the night ;)
What a lovely group of ladies!
Whoa, Erin!! Who's that guy?!?!
The magical weekend arrived, Labor Day weekend 2011. Rehearsal and dinner on Friday were a blast and we all got cozy at the hotel and settled in for a fairly early night (while the boys did quite the opposite).
7 am came early on Saturday morning when the hair and make-up ladies came. Here are the Skolny ladies eagerly waiting their turns...
...and the soon-to-be Skolny lady waiting as well!
This is why I have someone else do my hair. I would have ended up with a ponytail and a headband if it were left up to me.
In process....
GORGEOUS!
Kramer was our designated Mammy...the only thing missing was a bedpost (could've used one). There were only about 100 eyelets per dress and we each had to be cinched in pretty tight so nothing popped out. Didn't need any boobage walking down the aisle in the Catholic church!
The flowers arrived right before the photographer. What a great job he did on them!
Then the time came to get Cait in her dress. Once she was in it was stunning!
Cait's adoring mother!
The photographer reminded me of Rodney Dangerfield with a stutter...a little creepy. However, I'm quite sure that the pictures will turn out great!
We took the hotel shuttle to the church which was a fabulous idea because then Cait had a ton of room for her dress...no stuffing into a limo. Thanks to Cait's schedule we were nice and early and had some time to relax in the bride room and freshen up before the ceremony.
The bride and groom on the way to the reception!
The reception site was a rustic room overlooking a golf course...beautiful!
I kinda forgot about the camera for a while so the next pictures are of the cake and garter. Jeff talked a good game with this wind-up but he was very sweet.
A bit more frisky with the garter, though!
We left fairly early on Sunday morning to get back to Hawley for the kids and Cait was still in bed. I was hoping to get a couple of shots in the morning, but they end here. I couldn't be more happy for Cait and Jeff and I wish them a lifetime of happiness (and some babies in the near future)!


No comments:
Post a Comment